JPrime 2022 – a retrospective
On May 25 and 26, we were guests at JPrime, a two-day conference in Sofia organized by the Bulgarian Java User Group and supported by several IT companies. It offers IT people with a focus on Java the opportunity to learn, network and have fun!
As a Gold Sponsor, Delta Source is always present. We find it crucial to invest in the knowledge of our people and to allow them to broaden their knowledge and interests. Our participation was already planned before there was a pandemic. In fact this was not the 2022 edition, but rather the 2020 edition which never took place because of the covid pandemic. Needless to say we are very happy that we could finally attend!
Our development team sees it as the ideal opportunity to attend various interesting presentations and get in touch with other developers. Our booth was very busy during both days, especially thanks to our team that was an enthusiastic communicator to interested visitors.
An overview of the sessions that our employees loved the most:
- Reactive vs. Blocking with Helidon!
- Simple tweaks to get the most out of your VM
- Kafka Streams – the good, the bad and the ugly
- The definitive guide to Java Agents
- Java memory model explained
- Java Next
- Local transparency
- Efficient Spring Data REST development
- The hidden gems of Java 18
- Running Open Cloud-Native Java at Light Speed with Open Liberty
- Integration testing with Spring